Alpha0 – Chapter 131

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha0 – Chapter 131

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Iume

“Well then,” Soo Van said, “it appears we have much to discuss.” She looked to Lob Smasher, “By the honor of the Crooked Sticks, do you swear that this visit shall be peaceful?”

These are orcs with D’Orcs accompanying them and they dared to the use the p-word. Peace? Seems like it would be Orcish to swear by the rules of hospitality / guesting / passage or some such than be peaceful even if the end result is the same.

Iume

OUCH!!!!!!!

GOT ME!!!!!

#-o

Iume

Was this resolved? I still see some mention of orcs using peace. Is it appropriate in this situations like Peace of Doom?

[quote]
    Everyone was dressed in full battle regalia; however, they were also flying their [color=red]peace[/color] banner along with their clan banner. They did not want to accidentally put an ally on a war footing; yet they also wanted to ensure respect for their mission and for Lord Tommus.
    As they came within sight of the Rock Smasher camp, or rather, the camp’s sight of them, Tal Gor could see multiple clan members scrambling to gear up. He gestured to his sister, Soon Tal, to wave the [color=red]peace[/color] banner clearly.
    [/quote]

[quote]
    “By the honor of the Crooked Sticks, do you swear that this visit shall be [color=red]peaceful[/color]?”
    Lob Smasher nodded and gave her a sincere smile of confidence. “On my family’s honor I and we, so swear it.” He bowed his head in acknowledgement as did Soo Van.
    [/quote]

[quote]
    “We no attack. We do our lives. Alvar attack our people. No provoke. Our land, [color=red]our peaceful land[/color]. Alvar violent attack innocent travelers.” Elgrida said. “Deserve death.”
    [/quote]

Uhm, not sure I remember it being brought up before.

May want to change peace to truce, in practicality, they have to have something.

I think “peace” among orcs, is probably OK, the tribes have to negotiate peace in order to form Hordes….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.