Alpha0 – Appendix III

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha0 – Appendix III

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Iume

ßéÅçþ-69454-AD-¥ ç-CXXXIVCLXIX

If that is supposed to be Roman numerals at the end it’s not. If it were CXXXIV-CLXIX I’d accept it, but not combined like that.

under the covenant established Adam and Eve from whom mortalkind is derived.

Wait, is this implying that Adam and Eve (how does this impact species wth more than one gender?) created mortals across the multiverse? But they would have existed pre-gods since mortals begat gods. Or is this just the Adam and Eve of the local world of the essay writer?

So in truth, what I just told you were four meta-forces, are actually but two. Each anti-posed aspects of the other. Law/ Chaos and Positive/ Negative as one would expect due to the Laws of Bifurcation; but I digress.

The correct term is antipodal, not anti-posed. Also, by definition if Law is antipodal to Chaos then chaos MUST be antipodal to the other. To be antipodal means to be diametrically opposed. So saying “antipodal aspects of the other” is like saying hot lava.

Iume

First thing is a randomly weird catalog system that indexes with version control across alternate universes or something. Semi-runic.

Yeah, sounds correct on antipodal etc. Need to think on getting it right, my mind is starting to go numb at this point.

As for Adam and Eve. Remember most of these documents come from a particular interpretation of history/myth and so should not be taken as absolute truth. Or, call them metaphors that simplistically describe very complex things.

But in this theory there was one, which became two which became four, and then more: Adam and Lilith, Sammael and Eve were the first four. Eve convinced Adam to eat from the tree of knowledge, and they were expelled from the garden of Eden and into the Prime Material Plane. They became the first mortal creatures, while Lilith and Sammael stayed in the Garden of Eden as immortals.

The theory, therefor being is that Adam and Eve chose life and death and “reincarnation” whereas Lilith and Sammael chose Immortality (but reality sets in and the Phoenix Cycle still has to kick in, at least for lesser mortals)

As indicated by Tizzy in book 2, the real story of those four people? Not clear to anyone. Other than Adam and Lilith were once together, even as Sammael and Eve. Now some would argue that it was Sammael who tricked Eve (and thus Adam) into choosing to become mortal and experience life and death. But at this point only Sammael knows for certain.

As to how we get to other genders…not quite ready to figure that one out. One myth at a time.

Iume

[quote=Iume;4002]So in truth, what I just told you were four meta-forces, are actually but two. Each anti-posed aspects of the other. Law/ Chaos and Positive/ Negative as one would expect due to the Laws of Bifurcation; but I digress.

The correct term is antipodal, not anti-posed.Also, by definition if Law is antipodal to Chaos then chaos MUST be antipodal to the other.To be antipodal means to be diametrically opposed.So saying “antipodal aspects of the other” is like saying hot lava.[/quote]

It still says anti-posed instead of antipodal as of Beta 2. Is it to stay that way or will it be corrected?

It was missed in the pile.

Fixed now.

Word is changed, did you think the rest of the sentence was too redundant?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.