Alpha-3 small things

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha-3 small things

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    EyeDeKay

Different question is The Sun on nysegard referred to as atun or fierd.

Page 39 Exador thinks about liches being nocturnal but not being bothered by the “fierd” so is it fierd on nysegard or some other reason?

Do the liches know that Ramses and Exador are arch demons? It says that when the lich says [b]”we summoned you. It was a slight against an archdemon[/b] pg 40.

Also “an arch demon” sounds wrong. If Exador is referring to himself “the archdemon” would probably be better.

This book/series came up on the Amazon forum but since that is not particularly searchable, as far as I know, I can’t find what was said about it.

Given that you think it’s a stupid idea, I am guessing you weren’t thrilled with the series?

Now, to be clear as Net and Danu have said, Tomorcus doesn’t want to kill any deities, he just wants to lock them all up in his basement like a creepy guy in a horror movie.

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;5052]This book/series came up on the Amazon forum but since that is not particularly searchable, as far as I know, I can’t find what was said about it.

Given that you think it’s a stupid idea, I am guessing you weren’t thrilled with the series?[/quote]
    I *am* big fan of that series, as well, although its mission execution modus is very different from your discovery one.

The idea is stupid because unless you have a previous relationship with the author, the transactional overhead costs (in spent time) of collaboration might be incredibly high.

[quote=The Author Guy;5052]Now, to be clear as Net and Danu have said, Tomorcus doesn’t want to kill any deities, he just wants to lock them all up in his basement like a creepy guy in a horror movie.[/quote]
    Tommus Fritzl?

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;5043]First, do I spell it different in the two places?[/quote]

[quote]Stainsberry nodded. “I am a Knight Magus of the El Ohîm.”
    Talarius blinked and shook his head in surprise. “Knight Magus of the El Ohîm? I don’t believe there have been any of those in Astlan in thousands and thousands of years.”

Sir Stainsberry laughed. “As a wizard, I would like to agree with that. A clear head is required for wizardry. However, I know from my mother’s people, as well as from other members of the El Ohîm, there are many paths to truth and the Light.”
    “Alvar and the El Ohîm use drugs?” Talarius looked at the knight magus in shock.

“Indeed, in theory, the last battle was but a few hundred years before Orcus was slain in Etterdam. Some, among the El Ohîm, suspect that his slaying may, in some way, have been the true last battle, or at least in some way connected.”

He knew the fellow, he was a knight magus, one of the El Ohîm? Stainsberry. That was it.

Other than Stainsberry, who was also a knight, one of the El Ohîm and thus not a traditional, shifty, wizard—he had a code of honor.[/quote]
    … but then …
    [quote]Talarius looked to Stainsberry, who smiled and said. “Born and raised in Avalon, which is also where I trained as a Knight of the Elohim.”[/quote]

EyeDeKay

Do the storm lords know that Exador and Ramses are arch demons?

Anyone remember when Gastope sees Tal gor’s shaman staff? Currently looking for it so ill update if I find it.

Ben

[quote=EyeDeKay;5063][quote] He, or more specifically, bellyachus who was in charge of the DoomSpa’s laundry was hoping a shopping expedition to the plains of [b]meat[/b]. . . [/quote]

Page 157 Doom Spa

Not sure how they can get towels on the planes of meat. . .[/quote]

He must call the planes of humans the planes of meat. As in humans are meat?

Mikey

[quote=Ben;5068]He must call the planes of humans the planes of meat. As in humans are meat?[/quote]
    Well, that’s jumping to conclusions. Maybe he just enjoys a nice rare steak?

EyeDeKay

Bellyachus was going shopping to get more towels.

Hard to do that on the planes of meat lol.

He means Midgard, the mortal planes, the material planes.

The places where the people who really live there permanently are borne and die are incarnated and often reincarnated. (See discussions on this topic and Beragamos, Incubuses)

Incarnate literally means to encase in flesh, or meat. For example the word carne is Spanish/Italian is meat.

In Latin it is carnis or carnem etc.

The Outer Planes are all refleca and the Abyss—well the demons are not meat, their are psuedo bodies.

So…its a derogatory phrase used by demons for the “Planes of Men”

EyeDeKay

[quote]
    “I think so; we should have that many coppers. I mainly grabbed silver and gold coins before leaving the Abyss.” [b] Fer RogRod said.[/b]
    [/quote]
    Page 185
    Chapter 130 Ithgar, Orcopolis: Late fifth period

[quote=EyeDeKay;5081][quote]
    “I think so; we should have that many coppers. I mainly grabbed silver and gold coins before leaving the Abyss.” [b] Fer RogRod said.[/b]
    [/quote]
    Page 185
    Chapter 130 Ithgar, Orcopolis: Late fifth period

[/quote]

:-k ?? Not connecting? Explicate a bit more please.

EyeDeKay

Fer RogRod? Is that his normal name? I mean he is referred to as Fer Rog all the time. If he is referred to as FER ROGROD I must have missed something.

Went to bk2 he introduces himself to Rupert as Fer-Rog. He’s 12 abyssal years.

The conversation is between Rupert and Fer Rog at the point they get a advertisement paper for the party were they meet Aggfred and Snoggnord.

[quote=EyeDeKay;5083]Fer RogRod? Is that his normal name? I mean he is referred to as Fer Rog all the time. If he is referred to as FER ROGROD I must have missed something.

Went to bk2 he introduces himself to Rupert as Fer-Rog. He’s 12 abyssal years.

The conversation is between Rupert and Fer Rog at the point they get a advertisement paper for the party were they meet Aggfred and Snoggnord.[/quote]

Doh! Ok, your post was a bit too obvious and clear. I was trying to interpret something from the prior discussion, not looking at typos! ](*,)

His name is Fer Rog.

Ben

It’s sunday night TAG – what’s the ETA for Beta????????

Just posted Beta 0 which is missing that last few scenes and the lacuna (of course given that lacuna’s are missing part, that makes sense)

See announcement.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.