Alpha 1 – 128 Phoenix Cycle

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha 1 – 128 Phoenix Cycle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Winter

The Phoenix Cycle
    “…a cycle of birth and death, of [u]recreation[/u].ā€

jumped out of me the first time i read it but i forgot šŸ™‚
    The phoenix cycle is described as including [i]recreation[/i], like what? birth, death and an enjoyable afternoon of light tennis followed by a trip to the doom spa and a round consensual of torture?

[i]re-creation [/i]maybe or [i]rebirth[/i]

Winter
    Iume

Probably a typo of reincarnation although since reincarnation is apparently not the Phoenix Cycle per Vulcan then I guess rebirth would be more accurate.

Actually, it is “recreation” it’s like taking a break, yeah, that’s what I meant…

:-”

I meant re-creation as in re-create beginning anew hmm looking this up to be sure

OK, this is not helpful Merriam-Webster

Definition of recreate
    recreatedrecreating
    transitive verb
    : to give new life or freshness to : refresh
    intransitive verb
    : to take recreation

they really are the same word rēcreation and rĕcreation are the same thing from the same place; So rĕcreational facilities are there to allow you to rēcreate yourself.

It’s very funny how the pronunciation has changed we do not rĕcreate we rēcreate.

Here is the [url=http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2013/jan/30/straight-recreation-vs-re-creation/#]answer[/url] (thanks to the Oracle of Google)

So, pre-twentieth century we would have done re-creation to tell people that you need to use the long form of e, however, in modern times it is acceptable to use contextual inference.

That being said, I think I’ll do the hyphenate. It think it adds clarity quickly and you don’t have to stop and think about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.