(84.0) Issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Arrowing in, I assume it is the “Not exactly, it let him surrender” implies that Tom didn’t let him surrender.

What she was trying to convey was in general (not as a quote):

The demon tried to grant Talarius mercy, but while surrendering, Talarius tried to kill the demon again, and failed; so rather than granting him mercy per se, he dropped him into the Abyss. Which cannot be considered mercy.

So yeah, paragraph really doesn’t work correctly.

Yep why.

Ah, here is the thing. By this point they have not put all those pieces together.

The Council has drawn the line back on the immortal Ramses probably being a demon forever and doing this reincarnation trick; but they haven’t done so completely for Exador; yet. Mainly because not that many people in Freehold realize that there was an Arch-Vicar Exador. The Ramses thing was hypothesized in book 1; and so Trisfelt definitely knew this theory. Exador has been to recent a revelation.

Particularly at this point. Trisfelt just told her that there there were three people on the carpet that they now believed to be archdemons; partially because they were told there were three; and there were 3 very odd ones watching the battle in a very unusual manner.

Hilda being from Eton is much less familiar with the Anilords, it is possible she would have heard of Ramses (she only 200+ years old) but doubtful Exador; although possibly.

But yes, when they do figure all this out; it will be a big deal. They just have not connected all the dots yet. Not even by the end of the book.

CrispyMouse

As far as the “plot error”, in 82.0 Lenamare mentions having Trisfelt outside as eyes and ears and in particular mentions Telemirrors and that Trisfelt has his Telemirror. Entirely possible and likely that Elrose as part of coordinating the supplies also passed on what the council had learned.

Here is the last part of 84.0 for now.

Does this work better?

[quote]“A demon granting mercy?” Moradel sounded incredulous. Hilda had been as well, but Trisfelt proceeded with a logical explanation, so she used his explanation.
    “Well, the demon tried to grant Talarius mercy; it allowed him to surrender, whereupon the demon shape changed into a human male.” This evoked some discussion, but not as much as she would have expected. “He then walked over and was, apparently accepting the Knight’s surrender, when Talarius pulled Excrathadorus Mortis on the demon and stabbed him.” The room broke into a loud round of cheers. They were all, of course, familiar with the ancient Excrathadorus Mortis dagger. It was legendary and over four thousand years old.
    Hilda coughed again, loudly. The room went silent, realizing she was not done. Hilda grimaced. “Well this is where the Pool drain comes in…” The room was deathly silent. “Apparently, at this point, the human shaped demon began pulling mana from the priests he’d compromised and used Divine Mana to cleanse the wound, and heal himself.” Literal pandemonium broke out as people began arguing about the obvious impossibility of this.
    Moradel had to let this rage on for 10 minutes before he got them to quiet down. “Anything more Hilda? Where did the demon go?”
    Hilda grimaced, preparing to give more bad news. “Well, that wasn’t the totality of the mana drain…” The room stayed silent. “Apparently the demon then used the Divine Mana to reverse Excrathadorus Mortis.” People began yelling at this point, since it was beyond impossible.
    “Enough!” Moradel shouted at the room after another ten minutes. “Hilda, we all find this hard to believe, but fine, for now…please explain why things seem so calm on the battlefield now.”
    “Well, apparently after doing this, the demon opened a portal to the Abyss under Talarius and dropped him through it.” People gasped, Hilda continued quickly, “The demon then sent his minions through before leaping through himself and sealing it behind him.” Hilda gestured that she was finished. “Which is my I say the demon tried to grant Talarius mercy; Talarius refused it.” The room once again became pandemonium.[/quote]

CrispyMouse

Beta 2:
    [quote]”Uhm, yes, we flew over the city and scanned it for demons, there were none in the city. Yes, we could detect the residue of demon [h]summing[/h], and various protective spells, but there were no demons in or around the city.”[/quote]

Should be “summoning”

CrispyMouse
    Rosver

[quote]“We haven’t ascertained that yet, either, I fear.” Moradel answered, shaking his head. “It is another mystery, [color=green]along with missing demons[/color].”[/quote]
    … along with [color=blue]the[/color] missing demons.

[quote]Moradel seemed pleasantly surprised. [color=red]“Proceed, if you will”[/color][/quote]
    Missing period.

[quote][color=red]“No, apparently three of the archdemons escaped using a flying carpet.” More gasps from around the room, why would archdemons use a flying carpet.[/color][/quote]

Possible minor plot error. At 82.0 where the Council is having a discussion about the demons, Trisfelt is not there so he should not learn about the Achdemons escaping using a flying carpet, but here Hilda learn it from Trisfelt.

[quote]“In this process, apparently Sir Talarius encountered a Greater Demon he’d dispatched previously, and was about to do so again, when what everyone had believed to be a Greater, Greater Demon showed up and challenged Talarius to a [color=red]dual[/color].”[/quote]
    Misspelling. Should be duel.

[quote]“That’s what is being reported by observers and the Rod itself. “Several high priests suddenly collapsed and one began acting strange and claimed to be the demon that Talarius had fought. That high priest then collapsed and the previously dismembered demon reformed out of fire and ordered the Rod to attack Talarius; which about [color=green]30%[/color] of the archers actually did.” There were more gasps and another minute for Moradel to quiet the room.[/quote]
    Awkward of improper use. Not how people would normaly talk and is too precise to be comming from something that just happen recently. Trisfelt have to be observing the archers attentively to get such number.

[quote]“A demon granting mercy?” Moradel sounded incredulous. Hilda had been as well, but Trisfelt proceeded with a logical explanation, so she did as well. “Not exactly, it let him surrender, then it shape changed into a human male.” This evoked some discussion, but not as much as she would have expected. “He then walked over and was, apparently accepting the Knight’s surrender, when Talarius pulled Excrathadorus Mortis on the demon and stabbed him.” [color=green]The room broke into a loud round of cheers.[/color] They were all, of course, familiar with the ancient Excrathadorus Mortis dagger. It was legendary and over four thousand years old.[/quote]
    This feels wrong to me somehow and then from 94B1:
    [quote]The battle proceeded with the possession and defeat of Talarius, his surrender followed by his [color=green]treachery[/color]. Hilda was feeling a deep seated anger at this point. It was then that the god mana started flowing, this was what she had noticed, this was the high powered miracle that came through the backdoor and was thus inadvertently allowed. She wished she could See what was going on. It was very impressive to say the least. Then came the turning of Excrathadorus Mortis.[/quote]
    They seems to have very inconsistent reactions.

Rosver

That is why it is just possible; but, if Lenamare does contact him, then he should know who the three demons are and Hilda should have known also. But she does not. Trisfelt could not have just named them, especially Exador, but why?

As you can see things are just inconsistent.

That was the reason she could say it.

I actually did try to be careful to make sure there was a plausible reason for him to know and tell Hilda; so I had actually gone back to add some additional details.

I will look into this.

But why is it inconsistent? I am missing where there is an actual contradiction vs requiring the user to assume something was told to Trisfelt.

CrispyMouse

[quote=The Author Guy;2547]Here is the last part of 84.0 for now.

Does this work better?

[quote] she was finished. “Which is[h] my [/h]I say the demon tried to grant Talarius mercy; Talarius refused it.” The room once again became pandemonium.[/quote]
    [/quote]

Should that be “why” or just not there?

The contradiction that Rosver pointed out (as I understand it) is that Hilda just mentions that it was three arch-demons escaping on a flying carpet when those three arch-demons are known. Would not it be rather important that Exador is an arch-demon given his past with the Rod?
    So why did Hilda not state who the three arch-demons are? Since Trisfelt would have known from discussion via the Telemirrors) or why/how Trisfelt kept that information from her.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.