5S imprisioned parents

Welcome To Astlan Forums General Questions 5S imprisioned parents

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Korwin

Beta 2, page 245
    [Quote]“And if you know your Etonian history, it was Orcus to whom the Five Siblings turned to deal with their accursed parents.” Arch-Diocate Tierny stated resolutely, as if such a thing was common knowledge.[/Quote]
    Should’nt this be super duba top secret?

Could be foreshadowing, about the secret comming out. Not shure…

Korwin
    Mikey

Maybe this isn’t a reference to their imprisonment, but some separate battle fierce enough to still be remembered?

Korwin

[quote=Mikey;6052]Maybe this isn’t a reference to their imprisonment, but some separate battle fierce enough to still be remembered?[/quote]
    In that case, it’s very confusing to the reader…

IMHO it should stay, if it’s an foreshadowing, that the secret is not so secret anymore.
    If it’s not intendend as foreshadowing it should be cut.

Mikey

I very much enjoy the feeling of not being spoonfed answers, but having to consider the different perspectives the different characters might have, in order to understand their interpretation of their observations.

Most of these fantasy novels have a single truth, which all of the characters pretty much agree on, no matter what their life experiences, social position, personality, intelligence, emotional entanglements, or conflicting interests are.

In real life, even friends often can’t agree on which restaurant to have lunch at, and even when the decision has been made, many of the lunch group will still feel like their choice was much better.

I can believe in magic, I can believe in vampires, but I can’t believe that someone telling me that two people truly see a matter exactly the same way, either understands people at all, respects me at all, or is telling a story that contains enough truth to be truth to be entertaining.

[quote=Korwin;6051]Beta 2, page 245
    [Quote]“And if you know your Etonian history, it was Orcus to whom the Five Siblings turned to deal with their accursed parents.” Arch-Diocate Tierny stated resolutely, as if such a thing was common knowledge.[/Quote]
    Should’nt this be super duba top secret?

Could be foreshadowing, about the secret comming out. Not shure…[/quote]

Actually the mistake is that he says “if you know your Etonian history.

They don’t use the term Etonian on Nysegard as there is no continent of Eton on that planet.

It is supposed to be a bombshell. The folks on Nysegard have a lot of information that others are lacking.

Remember, this is a world that’s had a lot more avatar interaction than most other worlds. This is a world where this is a lot of historical precedent for avatars fighting side by side with mortals.

Beans get spilled in such processes. And, if you are the mortals, any words or information you can get out of the avatars is stuff that’s going to be written down and remembered, they take any/all pronouncements very seriously, probably more so than the avatar intends…

Korwin

So foreshadowing. Happy with that.
    Did totaly miss the Etonian history mistake :-k

The Etonian thing is something I rather screwed up on. I knew the names would change on other worlds, but I wrote about half of book 3 before remembering what I already knew…I just kept calling them Etonians.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.