1 plane below astlan?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Astlan-General 1 plane below astlan?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Flakes
    Flakes

In the book when Tom falls into the Abyss it is described as being just basically 2 planes below astlan. So the obvious question is what it is on the plane above it?

Tizzy

Ahh, very good question.

Of course, to be fair, above, below and beside are rather vague and imprecise terms when it comes to planes.

In fact, that answer which, I think was me talking, doesn’t makes a lot of sense in reference to what those appendix things say.

However, it actually makes perfect sense to me.

As to what the meat in the Astlan-Abyss sandwich is….

Well–it’s a demizone of smoke, steam, dust and mud. An elemental transitional zone.

[SPOILER]And the individuals from all three planes start intermixing in volume II[/SPOILER]

Maou

So are the elementals native to their plane, or immigrants like the demons?

Also what relations do they have to the Astlan and the Abyss?

Tizzy

There is no sentience in the 5 pure Elemental Planes–that we know of–although you gotta wonder about the plane of Spirit. Remember it’s the interaction of these planes that creates mana, animus etc. So a “pure” plane isn’t going to generate life or magic on its own.

The demi-elemental planes seem to be different. There are sentient beings that live there. I think they are ‘native’ but not really sure. But certainly since they are transition zones, they have elemental mixing which could create life and magic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.